Life Lately in Summer 2026 & My Current Fave Songs!

 Well hi y'all! It's been AWHILE!!!! I really missed blogging and just having fun with it. I know blogging is kinda...dead now. But I'm still here chugging along and figured I'd get back to it and just have a whimsical fun old time. Let's chat about life for a bit and music and maybe some books too? Okay sounds good to me!

So it's been like a year since I've been on here. Life is pretty decent. This past summer has been a bit of a struggle mentally. I'm just hating the heat and sun, the bright oppressive blinding light and the humidity dear GOD! It's gonna be back in the 90s again all next week. September and high 90s, ridiculous. Anyway, that's been affecting my mood and then a few months back I needed my medications adjusted because some just weren't working anymore. I was moody and irritable and just miserable. Fast forward through the adjustments and now I'm doing pretty decent. I just have a terrible time concentrating though. On anything!!! I can't focus on a movie, barely on a tv show, can't finish a book, much less write. Ah well, we'll see if that improves or not. 

I have two dogs now. IDK if I ever told y'all that. One' s a terrier schnauzer chihuahua mix named Pippa and the other is a poodle shitzu mix named Penny. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!! They're my beloved little babies. They were both my grandma's dogs but they're my family's now! Don't worry my grandma is fine, just old. Pippa is 3 1/2 years old and Penny is 6 1/2 years old. They race around and yap and play fight and snuggle and just have a grand time everyday. They help make life fun and interesting. Even though I have major anxiety surrounding them. Like, them escaping our yard or a hawk picking them up and away, or them getting hit by a car. Yes, I also have OCD thoughts, I'm working on that. It's just so hard and scary to love someone and something so very much. It hurts. 

Let's talk about my art. I've got several paintings in various stages going. I've got several sketchbooks I'm working on. I'm thinking about starting to plan for a graphic novel but not sure where to start. I'd like to dive more into painting and mixed media. I just need to find more inspiration. I'd like to incorporate more of my poetry into my art, like word art I guess. I'm working on my art instagram at artbyalette follow me yo! I follow back most artists. That does a world of help for inspiration. I need to get some art books and graphic novels though for more tangible inspo. I used to love magazines for that but that art has gone by the wayside in the digital age unfortunately. 

I've been reading, super slowly, but still. Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver was incredible, I see why it won the Pulitzer Prize. Such an amazing story. I love that author, I did a whole in depth analysis paper on The Poisonwood Bible back in school and fell in love with her writing ever since. Right now I'm just in the middle of many romances, thrillers, and weird lit fic (my fave genre). My kindle has become my fave possession (joking but not really). I have SOOOOO many books on there to get through. And a ton of physical books to get through. And tons of other weird lit fic books I wanna check out from the library. SO many books, so little time. 

Let's chat about fave songs lately, I have some to recommend:

Okay here's my serious songs that I've been loving, wait should we start with tiktok songs I've been loving that are cringe but fun? Yeah let's do that first. Okay cringe fun first:

Freak Out by Fat Papi- everyone with a bob haircut is dancing to this on tiktok and I love it lol. It's just so fun and funny and it's a pretty catchy song. I listen to it working out too. 

Love Me Not by Ravyn Lenae- people have been using part of this song for various videos, and it's not really cringey but it's also something I wouldn't listen to ordinarily, but its just fun!

All I Do by Teddy Thomas- found this on tiktok, her voice is incredible. A very simple love song, but so pretty

time alone w u by Artemas- yes I know. But I can't help but like his music, especially this song as of late. I'll go cringe now. 

Dracula by Tame Impala- fun summer song. Everyone's heard it. yep. 

Now for some serious contenders:

White Feather Hawk Tail Deer Hunter by Lana del Rey- ummm yeah, I'm gonna need this on repeat. The way she makes the sound of a lit match, holy smokes that's cool. 

My Moon My Man by Feist- a throwback that I forgot about, dang it's sooo good!!

where am i supposed to go? by ridgeclub- everyone on tiktok has heard it, such a unique song, I love it

Faery Queen by Kiki Rockwell- obsessed with her music, and this song especially. so fun and primal and enchanting. 

That's about it y'all. I'm back to blogging, life is alright and let's keep it moving shall we? Hope y'all are doing well! Now, I'm gonna force myself to read so we have more content to chat about! Let's go!

Comments

Popular Posts